- What are the product features?
- Attractive interest rates
- No tax deduction at source
- Automatic renewal
- Fixed or floating rates
- Switching of currency
- Multiple currencies
- Flexible tenors
- Who is eligible to open Time Deposit Account?
Time Deposit can be opened by:
- Individuals: Non resident Indians | Individuals in other countries (foreign nationals) #
- Joint account holders
- Corporates and other entities
#(Client is required to verify the local applicable rules and regulations)
- What are the interest rates and how is the interest paid?
Please refer to the Interest Rate schedule for latest Interest Rate. Interest payout for Time Deposit can be monthly, quarterly, semi annually or on maturity. For deposits of tenure more than 1 year, interest would be compounded annually. For deposits of tenure 1 year or less, interest would be calculated on a simple interest basis. If a Fixed Deposit matures on a non banking day for the Bank or the country of the deposit currency, the deposit shall mature on the next working day. However the interest on the deposit shall be paid till the original maturity date only.
- Are the deposits protected under Deposit Protection Scheme?
HDFC Bank Limited, Hong Kong Branch is a member of the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong. Time Deposits (not exceeding 5 years) taken by the bank are protected by the scheme up to a limit of HKD 500,000 per depositor. However, any structured / currency linked / equity linked deposits are not protected deposits and are not protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong. Further information on Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong can be found at www.dps.org.hk